Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dishes? What Dishes?

Tonight as I was washing the dishes/cleaning up the kitchen after Jill took Madeline to Awanas, I happen to notice Samuel quietly slip down to the basement. I didn't bother him, just periodically checked on him to make sure all was well as I tried to get things cleaned up. At one point when I peeked around the corner Samuel happened to catch me looking and proceeded to pat his hand on the ground and grunt as though he was saying, "Daddy, come play!". I said "Samuel, do you want Daddy to come and play cars with you?" He gave me that affirming "ugh" grunt that he always does when you say something that he agrees with. How could I refuse? Needless to say kitchen dutie quickly fell by the wayside as Samuel and I proceeded to play Cars together and do what boys do. Gotta love it.







2 comments:

Daniel said...

Hey man this is cool. I'm thinking about getting one. I mean a blog not a kid. Cause I have one of those - a kid and one on the way.

Bran said...

so fun! I'm excited about your blog and will be checking it SO often to keep up with you guys. love y'all!