Saturday, March 29, 2008

Down on the Farm at Nana and Papa's House

We were so excited to get away to my mom and dad's house for a long weekend. Matt needed a break from work and I needed some time with my parents. Matt had to leave on Sunday after catching the Clemson basketball game while the kids and I got to stay a couple more days to have some fun.
It was really a blessing to be with my family and my extended family for a brief time. My grandparents, aunts, and uncle held a welcome home party for my parents which we got to attend. (For those of you who don't know, my parents just built a home on the land my mom grew up on in Galivants Ferry, SC...also known as AYNOR!) They invited both sides of families, old high school friends, church and family friends. It was fun to see them love on my parents.
And during our time there got to do all the fun things on the farm- feed the cows, put the new fish in the pond, ride the gator, play outside for half the day at least, explore the garden, go to my Uncle's petting farm (it felt like one but actually he raises a lot of animals and sells them), make cookies with MaMa, and spend some time at my grandmother's house.
Thanks Mama and Daddy for all the fun! We really enjoyed are time at your house!

Picture of my mom's family at the party.
Some of my dad's family at the party.
Nana, Madeline, and Samuel trying out our Purim cookies!

Telling MaMa about the Resurrection Eggs.
Papa was reading the book before the kids would go to bed.
They loved it!

Playing with Nana!

Visiting Grandma Martin (my dad's mom)


Samuel loved playing in Papa's shower!

Madeline LOVES bubbles in Nana's tub!


Just like when were at the lake...the kids love the car!

We discovered they don't just have the same name but they walk the same!
Samuel "Asa" and Popie
Madeline picking flowers with MaMa for the party!

Cole and Madeline exploring on my Uncle's farm!

Nana and Samuel looking at the bunnies.
Samuel, Cole and Madeline trying to feed some chickens!
Look at Samuel being brave holding out his hands. He was so brave with all the animals.

They had beagal puppies! They were precious!

Petting one of the 100 bunnies that were there!
Madeline and Maggie enjoying some yummy suckers!

Enjoying a gator ride!
The FARM GIRL feeding the cows!

The CITY GIRL trying to be a farm girl!
Papa and Samuel having fun on my sister's old tricycle!

3 comments:

Liz said...

sweet pictures Jill! Looks like y'all had a fun time with your family.

Anonymous said...

that looks like any child's dream! (and parent's) sooooo fun! your parents house looks beautiful!

Beth said...

What great fun for your family. I know you guys needed and enjoyed that immensely. Maybe some day we can take a road trip there together once we're back in Knoxville! I have such sweet memories of spending time with your parents at the Lake.
Miss you!